Hello, my name is Pieter Shiffler and I am the person behind Movement Dojo. I teach a broad movement perspective which combines elements from a multitude of practices and research. I currently work at The Bamboo Humans Collective and freelance on the side.
I have been practising parkour and freerunning for almost 15 years, which has led me on a road of total obsession for movement. Strength, mobility, hand balancing and acrobatics are the base layer of my practice. In the second layer, I focus on different movement fields. The last two years my focus has been on climbing and right now I am focussing on dance and further exploring acrobatics.
You can book me for a workshop or ask me any other question at email@example.com.
A Broader Perspective
There lies great value in broadening our perspective. I believe we discard valuable and interesting lessons to be learnt when only focussing on one specific subject. My main interest is in exploring where different disciplines overlap and using that overlap to widen our movement vocabulary. A wider movement vocabulary allows for more creative expression of movement and improves our overall quality of movement.
However important widening our perspective might be, deep emergence in a certain field is very important if we want to develop any (higher level) skills. You will never catch a rabbit when you are chasing 10 at the same time.
What you see is what you get
I am currently working on a new video profile, but until then you can see me in action right here.
- Hundreds of books and countless hours of podcasts devoured
- Bamboo Humans Intensive, 40 hours (2018)
- Anatomy of Injury, Fighting Monkey, 28 hours (2018)
- 3 months Online Coaching under Bamboo Humans, 168 hours (2017)
- International Gathering at Gerlev, 50 hours (2017)
- European Movement Meeting with Ido Portal, 50 hours (2016)
- 6 months of Online Coaching under Ido Portal Method (2016)
- Youth Leader Education (Parkour) at Ollerup Gymnastikhøjskole (2014 – 2015)
- Bachelor of Physical Education – unfinished (2012 – 2014)
- Teacher and head of PR at The Bamboo Humans Collective (2018 – now)
- Performer (dance/parkour) at Gerlev Performance Team (2018 – now)
- Full-Time Parkour/Movement Head Coach at Sorø Gymnastikefterskole (2017 – 2018)
- Full-Time Parkour Coach at BGI Akademiet (2015 – 2017)
- Parkour Coach for Youth at Ollerup Gymnastikforening (2014 – 2015)
- Gymnastics Coach Assistant for Youth at Rust Roest (2013 – 2014)
- Personal Trainer at Living Fitstudio (2013)
- Parkour Coach and Performer at Exception Movement (2010 – 2014)